News broke early this morning of the liquidation of Carillion, the second largest construction company in the UK with 20,000 UK based employees and responsible for providing public services from sectors such as prisons, hospitals, transport and schools.
For clarity, the companies subject to winding up are:
- Carillion Plc, company number 03782379
- Carillion Construction Ltd, company number 00594581
- Carillion Services Ltd, company number 02684154
- Planned Maintenance Engineering Ltd, company number 00737307
- Carillion Integrated Services Ltd, company number 03679838
- Carillion Services 2006 Ltd, company number 03011791
This news will no doubt cause concern for the company’s employees, suppliers, sub-contractors and any other owed money by the company. The government have released advice about the situation for anyone affected which can be found here.
To assist the Insolvency Services administer the affairs of the above companies, insolvency practitioners from PwC were appointed as special managers. A special manager is appointed by the court on the application of a liquidator and the court lay down their powers such as an ability to trade or sell the business as a whole or in part. The special managers have also set up a website that provides some guidance.
Should any creditor, including sub-contractors, after visiting the above sites wish to receive advice about their position, both on their rights as a result of the liquidation of Carillion or their financial position, please contact PBC on 01604 212150 or view our creditor services page.